Export user data

Export user data

Posted 16 Mar 2015, 13:54:12

All—

I see a huge opportunity to benefit frequent/power users of setlist.fm to show/export their concert data. While setlist.fm/concerts/(user) is a portal to looking at a lot of data, a user who is interested to simply see a timeline of what they have seen or a full listing of shows they have been to, have no simply way to do so. At a bare minimum, a “show all” button on the page (versus limiting results to 500) would allow a simple cut and paste from the page—ideally something with the API to put a PDF of clean page would be awesome. Some friends are dubious about beginning to use setlist.fm to record their long concert history because they would get nothing back from the program. What do you think? Possible?

Re: Export user data

Posted 16 Mar 2015, 14:00:53

At a bare minimum, a “show all” button on the page (versus limiting results to 500) would allow a simple cut and paste from the page

+1. The “show all” button is definitely missing. An “export my attended concerts” button could also be considered.

There's also the possibility to use setlist.fm's API to get your concerts. There's a small script necessary to get all of the pages though. Here's the first page of my attended concerts

Posted 15 May 2015, 4:47:51

Is there any progress on this issue? An export to spreadsheet would be awesome. Just the band, tour, date, venue, city, state would be much appreciated. That is something I would pay for. Thank you for any feedback.

Posted 15 May 2015, 9:28:31

Is there any progress on this issue? An export to spreadsheet would be awesome. Just the band, tour, date, venue, city, state would be much appreciated.

Sorry, no progress yet. I increased the priority. We hopefully get an idea about the scope and technical feasibility within the next month.

Posted 29 May 2015, 2:33:43

Yes! Would love this.

Ideal for me would be an easy export to .CSV For song data, as well as concert data. Frustrating that I can only see the first 300 songs..

Posted 11 Jun 2015, 5:06:58

Me too. Exporting just band, tour, date, venue and city as mentioned by @Smooth would be awesome!

Posted 4 Sep 2015, 12:59:00

Any update here? Basic export capability would be great for me—but candidly I would accept even that our profile pages show all of the shoes (dates, venues) on ONE PAGE so that I can copy and paste to a document (then I can write a macro to turn it into csv or xls files)--but right now, with each page only displaying a limited number of shows, it is impractical at best!

Posted 14 Sep 2015, 4:52:40

I would love to export my data from my account into either Excel or Access, however it is currently setup internally.

Posted 6 Sep 2016, 19:07:02

I would really like to see this feature implemented soon! Thank you for making it a priority!

Posted 10 Sep 2016, 18:47:47

Setlist.fm folks—it's been 18 months since I made the initial request here, and it appears that no work has been prioritized in this space. Even just finding a way to show all of the data on one page would provide SOME way to aid in the recording of our concert histories. A simple xml export would make setlist.fm far more useful. I've stopped recommending my friends to use the tool as it is quite important to them that their records are secure (if they are to stop using their “offline” methods of recording their concertgoing history. PLEASE implement a small fix here, please!

Posted 10 Sep 2016, 23:07:06

FYI, you can display all of you concerts on one page. There is an option to show 20, 50, 100, 250, or 500 shows on the same page. From there, the workaround that works for me is to drag select and copy all of the concert listings on the page and paste them in Excel. I then use the text to columns command to separate the data into separate columns. It is a tedious process that should be simple but it works.

Posted 11 Sep 2016, 20:25:24

Good point, Smooth. Yes, I've managed to do that and cleaned it up as best I can. A shame it can only contain the info displayed on that page, but it is at least something. Would love a “Display 500″ (or even 100) for other fields like artists and venues. Hope that these features (or better yet, a proper “Export”) can be properly implemented in the future!

Last edited 11 Sep 2016, 20:35:26

Posted 20 Dec 2016, 19:12:11

This is really needed, please implement!

Posted 13 Mar 2017, 2:36:00

Any update on this? Show 500 doesn't show all of my concerts…
Would love to export my data though!!!

Posted 6 Oct 2017, 10:21:04

Hi guys,

I was also very interested in exporting and backing up my data but could not find any available way. So I made a simple tool in Python to allow you to download your attended gigs data in a csv/excel file. You can find the tool here (Python and a few packages needed): https://github.com/rob-med/BackupSetlist.fm

Hope this helps!

You're not allowed to do this, please sign in first.